Strawberry Colada Smoothie
I love smoothie because they are perfect to enjoy every day and you don’t feel weighed down after drinking them. They are a great way to pack in fruits and vegetables for the day and they are a natural source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and Bioflavonoids and they help give you the energy to keep going. And don’t forget they are an easy way to create, it only takes a few minutes, so it’s a no brainer.
Strawberry colada Smoothie is very suitable for summer, offers a taste that reminds you of being in the tropics, soak up the Sun on a warm sandy beach somewhere. We all love Pina colada but did you try mixing some strawberry into the mix? Well you should start with this smoothie is nutritious! Coconut and strawberry only go together, this is one of those couples that are meant to be. And this smoothie is the perfect way to cool off during the hot summer days.
- 8 oz fresh strawberries , chilled, hulled
- 1 ripe banana , peeled and frozen
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 (5.3 oz) container coconut Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk beverage (the kind found in the dairy isle)*
- Pulse strawberries in a food processor until well pureed.
- For a blender add the bananas, pineapple, coconut yogurt Greece and 1 1/4 cup of coconut milk. Pulse until well mixed, add extra 1/4 cup coconut milk as needed.
- Spoon pineapple mixture into the glass that fills about full 1/3 then add a spoonful or two of Strawberry mixture, stirring lightly with a butter knife and then repeat two more times. Serve immediately.
- Alternately, all ingredients can be mixed together in a blender versus Strawberry processing separately.
- * Canned light coconut milk can also be a substitute only the mixture of 1:1 with water.