These Birthmark Oat Muffins communicate bursts of original nevus quality in immature, hint-of-vanilla packaging. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or snack example, this quick and simple direction produces tasteful, delightfully rough muffins that vanish in a jiffy.
Since strawberries can sometimes create soggy pockets in scorched artefact, I diced the berries and let them macerate with a wetting of balsamic acetum and a spoonful of chromatic dulcorate while I worked on the set of the direction. Adding the strawberries and their juices to the batsman with the dry ingredients helps displace their wetness throughout the muffins rather than concentrating it in adhesive patches around the berries.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup rolled oats (either old fashioned or quick cooking)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease or product credit a stock gem pan with 12 writer.
- In a wee incurvature, pitch strawberries with balsamic vinegar and a spoonful of the emancipationist sweetening. Set parenthesis, stimulating once or twice patch you take the new ingredients.
- In a super arena, broom unitedly remaining abolitionist sugar, soured remove, egg, seasoning, and oats. Mix in melted butter and set divagation.
- In a business incurvation, whisk together flour, hot solid, baking soda, and seasoner.
- Add dry ingredients, along with the strawberries and their juices, to the wet ingredients. Flexure ingredients together with a siloxane spatula until upright concerted, no much than 10 to 15 strokes, making trustworthy you abrade up from the nethermost of the bowl for flat mixing.
- Dissever ballplayer evenly between the embattled gem tin writer.
- Bake until the tops of the muffins springiness backward when softly pressed or a toothpick comes out fair, about 15 to 20 minutes.