Strawberry Shortcake #christmas #cake
The big jams always starts with biscuits. This sweet buttermilk biscuits so soft and a bit dense. They make the perfect base to absorb the Strawberry Syrup too! High stack of sliced strawberries and whipped cream and homemade vanilla higher!
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, frozen or very cold
- 1 cup buttermilk, cold
- 1 – 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar, to taste
- Add the sliced strawberries and 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl.
- Stir to cover the strawberries with the sugar. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge for about an hour until juices are released.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Use the box grater, grate the butter into the dry ingredients. You can also use a pastry cutter and cut the butter into the flour until the butter has become a pea-size crumbles.
- Add the buttermilk and stir until the flour is just incorporated. Give Knead a couple of times with your hand if it doesn’t come together completely by stirring.
- Turn the dough out on a lightly floured surface. Press the dough out until it’s about an inch thickness. I use my hands and pinching along the Great Rift like I was punched out. You can also top of the dough and roll out.
- Use a biscuit cutter (mine is 3 1/2 inches), cut 6 biscuits with it. Place the baking dish to prepare.
- Brush the heavy cream over biscuits.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. The edges should be golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the heavy cream. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until it thickens to a soft peak.
- Add extra vanilla and powdered sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add the whipped cream to the straight pipe bag is great.
- Split biscuits refrigerated.
- Add strawberries and juice.
- Pipe a layer of cream.
- Add biscuit top.
- Add a small dollop of cream and strawberries on top.