Enjoy a slice of watermelon you’ll ever eat sweet! The Brown seeds are melt-in-your-mouth giveaways.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box SAVE $
- 1 package (0.13 oz) cherry-flavored or other red-colored unsweetened soft drink mix
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Whipped fluffy white frosting
- Green and red food colors
- 2/3 cup green jelly beans
- Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F (325 ° F for dark or nonstick pan). Oil or spray two 8 or 9-inch round cake pan. In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of cake mix. In a large bowl, beat remaining cake mix, water, oil, egg whites, and mixed drinks with mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping Bowl occasionally. Stir in the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Pour into a saucepan.
- Bake and cool as directed on box for round 8 or 9-inch.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1 cup frosting with 10-12 drops green food color. Stir in 10 to 12 drops red food color into remaining frosting. Frost sides of cake with green frosting; Press the Green eaters into the frosting. The tops Frost cake with frosting; Red Press remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips into the frosting for seeds. If desired, cut the cake into half and transverse set “slices ” randomly in the tray. To serve, cut into wedges. Store loosely covered.