White Christmas Truffle Cake #christmas #cake
White chocolate truffles cake this simple cake is probably the one I’ve posted on Vikalinka. It took me no longer than an hour to do … including the cake.
For the cake layer
- 1/3 cup/45 g flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup/65 g sugar
For the truffle topping
- 9 oz/250 g mascarpone or cream cheese full fat only
- 1 1/4 cups/ 300 g double cream/heavy cream I used 48% fat double cream
- 12 oz/350 g white chocolate chopped, not chocolate chips (measured by weight)
For layer cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 c/350F for. Butter and dust with flour 8 “/20 cm round springform pan.
- Beat the eggs room temperature, vanilla and sugar in a medium bowl for about 3-5 minutes with electric mixer until white foam, and three volumes.
- Fold the flour in 3 additions with a spatula, being careful not to deflate batter cake. If after the addition of starch volume is down significantly, the cake will not rise properly.
- Bake in oven for 15-17 minutes until cake tester comes out clean. Bake the sponge should have risen to at least twice the height of the dough lightly. Cool on a wire rack.
For truffle topping
- Bring cream to a boil in a saucepan. Add the chopped white chocolate and stir with a whisk until chocolate is melted and completely incorporated into the cream, take immediate conducted from the heat and let the mixture come to room temperature.
- Add the mascarpone and whip with hand mixer until smooth. If using cream cheese instead of mascarpone cheese, whip until light and fluffy mixture before adding the cream and chocolate and mix the ingredients together. No pre-whip the mascarpone or maybe it separated from over the beating. Mascarpone mixture and the chocolate cream mixture along with a hand blender until combined, about 2 minutes. (The consistency of a layer of truffle must be similar to sour cream thick.)
- Put a layer of the sponge back in springform.
- Pour the mixture in the Pan cake truffles springform and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or even better overnight.
- Run a knife along the sides of the cake to release it from the Pan, then carefully unmold it and moved on to the cake stand.